Calming anxiety is within your power. There is no worse feeling than suddenly feeling your heart beating faster while you’re in a crowd. The constant fear that someone is going to talk to you at the moment is overwhelming. Your palms get sweaty, your breath quickens, and you start frantically looking for the exit. That’s anxiety at its worse – a condition that can be devastating to our psyche. Anyone who suffers from anxiety frantically searches for answers – meditation or supplements for anxiety seem to dominate the web.
Take a deep breath because calming anxiety in those worst moments is within your power.
3 Solutions for Calming Anxiety in the Moment
- Shift your thought pattern to something more positive. Negative thoughts will quickly take up resident in your mind and lead to an anxiety attack. Train yourself to ask the important question: “Is it true?” 99% of the time, the answer is “no.”
- Focus on your breathing. When you feel the onset of an anxiety attack, take in a deep breath and slowly exhale it. Repeat this to slow your heart rate.
- Aromatherapy can be used to help ease your mind. Keep a scent on you at all times and use it when you feel the onset of an anxiety attack.
Long-Term Anxiety Calming Solutions
- Walk for 15 minutes every day or try some other form of light cardio workout. Using this time to focus on your body helps prepare for those attacks.
- Keep a journal so you can start tracing what it is that causes you to have anxiety attacks.
- Try supplements for anxiety and make small changes to your diet.
When you are able to identify what is causing your anxiety, you’ll find it easier to calm yourself during the most difficult moments. But there are times when anxiety can become too severe to cope with. In those times, get to a safe space as quickly as possible and try to use meditation to pull through it.